Succulent plants have the ability to store water in their stems and leaves. Some parts of these plants are much thicker and fleshy which helps them in storing excess water. These plants have a unique look and can enhance the beauty and attractiveness of your garden. Succulent garden centerpieces are one of the greatest means of utilizing succulent plants. So, in this article, we are going to discuss the making of succulent garden centerpieces.
- First of all collect all the necessary materials required for creating a succulent centerpiece. These materials include succulents, a container, moss and cacti potting mix.
- Put cacti potting mix into the container. Then take moss in a bucket and wet it with water for a while. Take the wet moss out and squeeze out the extra water after which put it onto the cacti potting mix.
- Remove any hard stems that are present in the moss.
- Take all your succulent cuttings, trim them if needed and place them into the moss in the container after thoroughly cleaning them.
- How you want to decorate your centerpiece with succulent cuttings is up to you. However, it is better to place large succulent pieces in the middle and use the remaining smaller ones for covering the vacant space.
- Do not try to overload the centerpiece because the succulents are plants too and they need space to grow. Try to give each succulent some space in which to grow easily.
- Leaf cuttings are necessary and need to be preserved because they are responsible to growing new succulents.
Making succulent centerpieces isn’t that difficult. You can create many different centerpieces as per the design of your containers. They are best for decorating your gardens if you are planning to organize an event in there.